End of the Garden

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Winter Solstice, written in December 2007

Yesterday I participated in a Winter Solstice ceremony. Our hostess, Chrys, reminded us of the turning of the wheel, that now is the time of the shortest day and the longest. Time to reflect on our achievements of the past year and to let go anything we do not wish to carry forward into the New Year, the time of the sun returning into our lives.

Never have I needed such reminding that circumstances change, like the seasons. These past few months have been a period of deep darkness, a time that on awakening each morning I have consciously taken a vow to be happy, to be grateful for what I do have. Without this constant reminder that life is precious and so much to be appreciated I would have rapidly slipped into a deep depression such were the circumstances of those months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home